Monday, April 14, 2008

Southern Seminary-Kurt Wise


For those of you who are already attending Southern Seminary or who are preparing to attend-

If you get a chance to take a class with Dr Kurt Wise, do so. He is a brilliant educator and staunch Creationist.

He is Professor of Science and Theology and Director of Center for Science and Theology.

He used to be at Bryan College where I met him when they were holding the Origins Conferences. He and I spent an entire day together one Saturday, walking thru the woods with him showing me evidence of Noah’s flood in plain sight that I would never have seen otherwise. I now know more of what to look for.

I have wanted to go back to Dayton and see the wood fossils in the rock croppings he showed me again. I was amazed at all the evidence in this small area. I forget the name of the area but it used to be an old railroad bed and coal mine. A small creek runs thru a dump site of coal and you can find fossils in small pieces of coal. You can also find live scorpions.
He also has an interresting testimony of his experience at Harvard and witnessing to Dr. Stephen J. Gould. Who until his death a few years ago was the world's leading evolutionist.


BigDog

1 comment:

Elijah said...

I wanted to take a class from Dr. Wise this semester-"Natural Sciences and the Pastor" but was unable to do so because of my work schedule. I went to his office last semester when i was thinking about signing up and just sat there and talked to him.

You're not kidding. The man's brilliant. He's pretty much the man. I hate it that i couldn't take him for anything, but i've made up my mind that i'm not leaving here until i take at least one class from him.