Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Spiritual Value vs. Economic Value


I have to admit that I was not surprised when I found this article concerning the Franklin Graham Festival recently held in Knoxville. While they do mention the amount of professions, the spiritual aspects of the festival were downplayed to the "more important" issue of economic success for the city.

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/18343889.html

While I don't agree with all of the Graham's theology (Billy or Franklin), one cannot deny the impact for the kingdom that they have had. My prayer is that the 1,200 professions mentioned in the article are true repentance and pleading God for forgiveness.

It still saddens me that a news organization would focus more on the economic impact of this event. (Saddens, but doesn't surprise as I stated previously).

No comments: