Friday, March 28, 2008

Apologetics Bible

I just read an article about the new Apologetics Study Bible released by B&H publishing Group of LifeWay Christian Resources of the Southern Baptist Convention. The article contained an answer to the question of Jesus’ resurrection from a historical standpoint.

The answer is from William Lane Craig a research professor of philosophy at Talbot School of Theology in La Mirada, Calif. He has an irrefutable answer and is one of the best apologetics speakers I have ever heard on the existence of God, Jesus’ resurrection etc…

A few years ago I attended a debate at UT on the existence of God. He is a brilliant and articulate debater. He won hands down and the whole audience knew it.

(Now, you guys know I am all about apologetics, so do not take this the wrong way.)

To my total amazement when they opened the session for Q& A time, one of the questions was concerning Noah’s flood. Dr. Craig just bushed the question aside and said something like: I believe in a local flood anyway. I could not believe what I was hearing.

Scripture will not allow a local flood.

I don’t understand how somebody can be such an ardent defender of one part of Scripture and then when it comes to Genesis they just allegorize it, or explain it away.

John 5:46-6:1
46 For had ye believed Moses , ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Kent

No comments: