Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Year in Review


Well, here we are with the end of another year behind us and the beginning of a new one ahead of us. The older I get the faster they seem to go. That makes me wonder how much faster time must be going for Ralton! Of all the years I've lived, this is certainly the one that things have changed the most for me. Things have changed for all of us this year. We serve a great God who by His providence has brought us to where we are now. I wanted to list a simple few things, some big and some small, that have really made 2008 a great year for me. In no particular order they are:

-Attending the service on the lake at Clyde Pedigo's house where Grace Community Church was born on May 25.

-I would say watching the Giants win the Super Bowl but that wasn't the best thing about that game to me. The best part was watching the Patriots LOSE the Super Bowl and become the worst ever 18-1 team in NFL history.

-Though it was also one of the saddest moments in my year, it was certainly a hilight to see my little brother off at the airport as he left for basic training in the Air Force.

-While visiting my older brother in Murfreesboro, TN I received a phone call that Sunday afternoon from my mother telling me that my good friend Jared Barnett had been saved that morning. Jared's baptism also took place on May 25 at the first GCC service.

-Getting to hear and meet John MacArthur at Bel Aire Baptist Church in Murfreesboro, TN. Fellow blog mate Haze was with me as well.

-Getting to preach my first ever sermon at Grace Community Church in August.

-Attending the metting of the Evangelical Theological Society in November and having the privelage of hearing great men speak such as Daniel Wallace, Albert Mohler and John Piper

-Enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday with my mother's side of the family (especially playing football!!).

-Enjoying the CHRISTmas holiday with my dad's side of the family.

-Getting to see The Dark Knight, even though I lamented the fact that it was laced with Nihilism.

-Getting to start this blog with you guys

-Graciously being asked to preach my first wedding by my good friends Kiril and Nicole Galloway

-But the No. 1 hilight of my entire year and perhaps my entire life was attending the Together for the Gospel conference in April with my mother and some of my best friends in the world. What a blessing that was and still continues to be in my life

There is a litany of other things I could list but this list should safice. I would love to hear how the Lord blessed you guys this past year. I know we all have many things to be thankful for. I hope it pleases God to give you a wonderful 2009. As Numbers 6 says:

The LORD bless you, and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine on you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance on you,
And give you peace.

1 comment:

Ralton Emory said...

No offense, but I'm not the oldest on the blog. However, so my years don't go by as fast as, let's say, ummm, maybe Big Dog...(Lord forgive me.)

Now, I will say that this has been an exceptional year. One where God blesses us in spite of ourselves. We saw first hand how God answers prayers the way we need them answered and maybe not the way we think they should be answered.

To my brothers on the blog: let's make 2009 one to remember by committing daily to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord. Strive each day to do everything for the glory of God.

I love all you guys. Even Jeremy...:)